[texbirds] Highlights from Marathon, Brewster Co., May 12

  • From: Pamela Pipes <pspipes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds list <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 09:58:05 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We birded Marathon yesterday (May 12), including NE Marathon, Gage Gardens,
Post Park, and the tank west of town (5 miles west, south side of highway 90).
We recorded 46 species, including two highlights for us: a male Rose-breasted
Grosbeak (in a mulberry tree at the corner of 8th and Iron Mountain Road); a
single male Bobolink (at the Gage Gardens).

If any of you are interested in the complete list of sightings, please let me
know - I will send it to you.

Pamela and Chris Pipes
Fort Davis, Texas

Sent from my iPad