[texbirds] Highlights from Lubbock this morning/afternoon

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:03:35 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:
Ross (Clayton) Rickett and I birded the riparian corridor below Lake Six for
three hours this morning, tallying 49 species with the following highlights: 3
Snowy Egrets, 1 Little Blue Heron, 1 Solitary Sandpiper, 2 Franklin's Gulls, 1
House Wren, 1 Hermit Thrush, 1 Nashville Warbler, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 1
Yellow Warbler, 1 Palm Warbler, 4 Wilson's Warblers, and 3 Orchard Orioles.

We then birded MacKenzie Park for about an hour and a half, spotting 32 species
including 2 Spotted Sandpipers, 1 Wilson's Snipe, 1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, 2
Hermit Thrushes, 2 Nashville Warblers, 1 Yellow Warbler, 2 Chipping Sparrows,
and 2 Song Sparrows (running a bit late).

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock