[texbirds] Highlands Reservoir-San Jacinto

  • From: "Ray Porter" <ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:32:03 -0600

Yesterday at KJ Whitmire Wildlife there was a 1st winter Bonaparte's Gull.
Hooded Mergansers must be using place for roosting as I have found small
flocks (numbering anywhere from 3 to 18 birds) there recently before 9am,
when they leave. Unfortuntely they have been staying over 100 yards away, so
pictures not as good as the ones from around Lynchburg Ferry.

Today while circling Higlands reservoir I stopped for some Mottled Ducks and
heard a Red Breasted Nuthatch calling from tree across the street (Barbers
Hill Rd). Seems like these guys are everywhere.

Today's hilite were the two Harris's Hawks at San Jacinto.

ray porter
highlands texas