[texbirds] Re: Green Parakeets in McAllen

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sgross77@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:09:19 -0600

Glad you found them, Steve. Just a reminder to Texbirders, given some
"misses" by recent visitors, that the Green Parakeets shift their gathering
site north and south along N. 10th, north from Violet (seldom) to Robin.
Last year the birds were sometimes seen along Nolana east of 10th, but I'm
not aware that they are gathering there any more. The good thing is that
the birds are noisy, so if you drive with the windows open, you may be able
to hear them. As many know, N. 10th is a very busy street, so you'll need
to pull off into a parking lot when you want to look.
Best regards,
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX