[texbirds] Greater black-backed gull

  • From: Alton Patton <adewittpatton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:30:24 -0500

Found what I believe to be a juvenile greater black-backed gull in a pond at
the wind surfing area of the Padre Island National Seashore this afternoon. I
noticed the bird because it was huge. White head, brown checked back, big black
bill and pink legs. A first for me. Also a white-tailed hawk was very
cooperative. Glad to see water in Paradise Pond again.

A. D. Patton
College Station and Rockport

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at