[texbirds] Greater White-fronted Geese

  • From: Tony leukering <greatgrayowl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:26:50 -0500

Hi all:
This species begins migrating in fall well before other arctic-breeding geese,
with fall arrival in WA in August.  I know that I saw my first last fall at
Smith Point in late September.

Brush's post caused me to query eBird with the resultant graph

http://ebird.org/ebird/GuideMe?cmdÞcisionPage&speciesCodes=gwfgoo&getLocations=states&states=US-TX&bYear00&eYear
 13&bMonth=1&eMonth&reportType=species&parentState=US-TX

So, while Brush's birds would be slightly on the early side, only a few days.

Tony

Tony Leukering
Smith Point, TX
http://smithpointhawkwatch.wordpress.com/