[texbirds] Greater Pewee - Bear Creek Park Houston - 10/9 - Yes

  • From: John Tharp <jlt290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:33:43 -0500

The Greater Pewee is still present at the previously reported location.
Mike Rogan from Austin told me that he found the bird around 2:30pm but the
bird then disappeared for a while. It was heard around 4:15pm but not seen.

Between 5:00pm and 5:30pm the bird began actively feeding and calling and I
was able to get great looks at close range. Last I saw the bird it was
moving around the tops of the pine trees at the southern end of Sullins Way
and calling frequently. All sightings of the bird between 2:30pm and 5:30pm
were from the south/southeastern end of Sullins Way.

Please continue to post both positive or negative reports of this bird's
presence for the benefit of anyone considering chasing the bird.

John Tharp
Houston, TX