[texbirds] Greater Pewee, Bear Creek

  • From: Frank F <frankjfjrus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 18:55:56 -0600

The continuing greater Pewee was finally seen by my wife Margaret. She zoned in
on the call just south of restroom 8 inBear Creek Park at 4:50 pm moving very
high from tree to tree with a large mixed flock of Pine Warblers, Chickadees,
red-breasted Nuthatches, and Ruby-crowned Kinglets. It perched for a long while
directly east of the r.r. across the street in bare limbs where I had seen it
previously near 5 pm. It was pip pipping constantly she said. And every time
she heard it, there it was. It is a joy to  bird with her, for many reasons,
including her hearing!

Frank Farese
W. HoustonEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at