[texbirds] Great Kiskadee Still at Berry Springs

  • From: <txmotmot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:21:47 -0600

At 10:00 a.m. we heard the kiskadee calling at the east end of the dam, then
walked down the trail toward the creek, and he was sitting at eye level in the
brushy vines on the dam side of the trail.  He flew over our heads, called from
a bare tree, then flew right back toward the east end of the dam and dropped
into the viney area.  Nine of us watched him for a good 10 minutes and he was
very vocal.  Such a surprise that he’s still here!
Karen McBride
Georgetown