[texbirds] Granger Lake Sabine's Gull 8/14/15

  • From: Tim Fennell <tfennell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:32:43 -0700

Karen McBride, her friend Nancy, Chuck Sexton and I were able to track the
alternate adult Sabine's Gull as it made large circles around the lake (and
resting on the water occasionally) nearly continuously today from 9:50 am until
we left at 10:50 am. I first found the bird around 8:00 am. We viewed the bird
from the beach at Friendship Park. A scope is almost essential although it did
pass by at good binocular distance at least once. Some phone video can be seen
at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcQktFoER8FMJJLG3hr56NA/videos

Cheers,
Tim Fennell
Round Rock, TX (15 miles north of Austin)