[texbirds] Glossy Ibis- Sheldon Lake

  • From: Greg Page <gregpage1465@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:54:54 -0700 (PDT)

Today (4-22-13) I saw a Glossy Ibis at Sheldon Lake.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/8671565879/in/photostream

It was at the bridge on Garrett Road this morning. I saw it up close and saw
the blue facial skin that did not go all the way around the eye. I did not see
any red on the face or eye. There were several White-faced Ibis in the area and
they were in breeding plumage with very obvious red on the face and the line
around the eye.

Greg Page
Houston