[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), May 11, 2012

  • From: imhuck3@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 21:39:46 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy Texbirders,

  WOW! WOW! WOW! What a day. Birds were everywhere. I believe there were more
flycatchers and warblers in the trees than I have seen during my 6 years at
Estero Llano Grande SP/WBC. I started birding just after 8 AM and continued
until almost 6 PM and was still seeing good birds. Birded with some good
friends at times and at other times just wondered around by myself. " Warbler
Neck" was on the literary and I followed it to the letter. Tomorrow is our
Saturday Morning bird walk and if it is anything like today, WOW! Take a look
at all the birds seen and heard today if interested on my ebird report below.
Oh yeah, if you missed seeing our Rose-throated Becard during the winter, then
this is your chance to get a good look at her. She is busy building a nest and
is coming in to add to it every few minutes. OK, see you soon, I hope. Take
care and remember,

 Bird for your health,
 Forget your worries,
 You'll be happier,

 Huck Hutchens, Park Host, Estero Llano Grande SP/WBC
 Weslaco, Texas

Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Hidalgo, US-TX
May 11, 2012 8:15 AM - 2:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
107 species (+3 other taxa)

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  18
Fulvous Whistling-Duck  10
Muscovy Duck (Domestic type)  2
Gadwall  1
Mottled Duck  2
Blue-winged Teal  14
Northern Shoveler  3
Plain Chachalaca  7
Least Grebe  10
Pied-billed Grebe  1
Neotropic Cormorant  5
Great Blue Heron  1
Great Egret  9
Snowy Egret  14
Little Blue Heron  1
Tricolored Heron  3
Cattle Egret  1
Green Heron  10
Black-crowned Night-Heron  1
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron  2
White Ibis  6
White-faced Ibis  1
Roseate Spoonbill  12
Turkey Vulture  1
White-tailed Kite  2
Mississippi Kite  1
Harris's Hawk  1
Peregrine Falcon  1
Sora  1
Purple Gallinule  1
Common Gallinule  8
American Coot  29
Killdeer  4
Black-necked Stilt  9
Spotted Sandpiper  2
Lesser Yellowlegs  2
Least Sandpiper  10
White-rumped Sandpiper  1
Pectoral Sandpiper  3
Stilt Sandpiper  35
Long-billed Dowitcher  8
Wilson's Phalarope  13
Least Tern  2
Forster's Tern  3
White-winged Dove  55
Mourning Dove  8
Inca Dove  7
Common Ground-Dove  6
White-tipped Dove  7
Yellow-billed Cuckoo  3
Groove-billed Ani  1
Eastern Screech-Owl (McCall's)  2
Common Pauraque  2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2
Buff-bellied Hummingbird  4
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  15
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  1
Olive-sided Flycatcher  2
Eastern Wood-Pewee  5
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher  5
Acadian Flycatcher  1
Alder Flycatcher  1
Willow Flycatcher  1
Least Flycatcher  2
Empidonax sp.  12
Great Crested Flycatcher  1
Brown-crested Flycatcher  8
Myiarchus sp.  3
Great Kiskadee  8
Couch's Kingbird  8
Eastern Kingbird  3
Rose-throated Becard  1     female building nest
White-eyed Vireo  2
Blue-headed Vireo  2
Philadelphia Vireo  1
Green Jay  2