[texbirds] Fw: eBird Report - Flying L Guest Ranch, Apr 20, 2013

  • From: MARTIN HAGNE <martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:34:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
Posting a list from yesterday on the Flying L Guest Ranch just outside Bandera,
TX.  There are 100 natural acres on the other side of San Julian Creek.

 Martin Hagne
Bandera, TX

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we created, but by
what we refused to destroy." -John Sawhill

Flying L Guest Ranch, Bandera, US-TX
Apr 20, 2013 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:    Birded the 100 acres left natural on the Flying L Guest Ranch
across the San Julian Creek.
34 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  5
Double-crested Cormorant  1
Black Vulture  5
Turkey Vulture  6
Red-shouldered Hawk  3
Eurasian Collared-Dove  4
White-winged Dove  3
Mourning Dove  6
Inca Dove  2
Common Ground-Dove  3
Chimney Swift  2
Black-chinned Hummingbird  3
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  2
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  1
Crested Caracara  1
Eastern Phoebe  4    one pair was nesting under cliff outcropping
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher  2
White-eyed Vireo  6
Western Scrub-Jay  1
Common Raven  4