[texbirds] Full Results from the Dougherty BBS - Yesterday

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:

I completed
 the Dougherty BBS yesterday.  This route runs from Dougherty westward to and
beyond Floydada.  Recent rains had filled some of the playas but few water
birds were noted - too little, too late?  The experience was similar to the
other four routes I've run so far this year: Eastern Meadowlarks really
standing out against the relatively poor numbers of Western Meadowlarks - and
still no freaking Dickcissels ... even though this is my very best route,
historically, for the species.

All in all:

1 Funereal Duskywing
1 Common Sootywings