[texbirds] Frontera Audubon today

  • From: Pat DeWenter <hoocooks4you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:11:34 -0500

It was very quiet in mid-afternoon today but about 4:30 the birds started
coming in to bathe at the water feature.  Saw a female Hooded Warbler and
Worn-eating Warbler bathing along with a Black and White.  A Clay-colored
Thrush came in for a couple of long drinks.
As Dan Jones said, Frontera's annual birdathon is this Saturday.  ( I will
be very willing to accept pledges also, either a flat sum or a certain
amount per bird seen.  FYI, my team had 120 species last year, which could
help you decide how much to pledge.)

If you haven't visited the Thicket recently it is very lush and green this
year after all the rain.  I expect it will be a hotspot for most of April
as more birds migrate through.

Pat DeWenter
Weslaco