[texbirds] Flame-colored Tanager, hike and highlights (6/21)

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 18:58:21 -0500

Part two from Matt's post here yesterday --

Still eternally grateful to Ron Weeks and Brad Lirette for the initial
pointers, I hope that their trip to the settling ponds was repayment
for the favor (county listing out here is tricky!) I hope their trip
wasn't too overshadowed by the overall deadness - of plants and sounds
- in the Chisos; they look much better than they have in the last two
years.

Anyway, a bit of a brief trip summary has been posted on the blog.
There will probably be another installment with more bugs and plants
and definitely more Painted Redstart coverage!

http://www.bigbendnature.com/2013/06/flame-colored-tanager-via-colima-death.html

eBird lists are linked from the post as well; wish my patch were in
south county!

Happy trails,
-h

Heidi Trudell (and Matt York)
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain