[texbirds] First of Season (Spring) Red-eyed Vireo

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:12:05 -0500

While birding Packery Channel today Derek Muschalek and I found a First of
Season (Spring) Red-eyed  Vireo.  The bird was seen below eye level in
stunted live oaks on the lee side of the oaks away from the blustery north
winds.  We saw 11 species of warblers today in the Corpus Christi area
including the overwintering Ovenbird at Blucher Park.  We also had an adult
Rufous Hummingbird feeding on Wild Olive blooms at Blucher.

Lots of swallows (Cliff, Barn, Tree & Rough-winged) were on the move today.
We also had a few Chimney Swifts.

Willie Sekula
Falls City