[texbirds] First Texas Martin...With a twist

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 12:06:56 -0600

I sure hope Terry Fuller does not mind me posting, but Terry had the first
2013 Texas martinI know of in San Benito yesterday...What is most
interesting is it was a"female".   Female Purple Martins usually never
appear until much later in the season, so I am thinking perhaps this could
be a different species...The ID challenge is significant when we assume
that any martin is the default........Or?
--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist