[texbirds] Ferruginous Hawk, Kosciusko (Wilson County)

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 20:05:46 -0600

This afternoon I found an adult Ferruginous Hawk perched on an electric pole
crossbar along FM 1347 about one mile north of Kosciusko in Wilson County.
It was adjacent to the entrance to Lyssy Beefmaster Ranch.  This is the
first Ferruginous Hawk I've had in my area in a number of years.  Also
present along FM 1347 was a male Vermilion Flycatcher.

Willie Sekula

Falls City