[texbirds] Farwell Country Club

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:51:56 -0500

Greetings,

I birded the trees along State Line Rd. this evening for a little over 20
minutes. I quickly kicked oh some good birds. The best bird was 2 Cassin's
Vireo. This species is likely under-reported from the western Panhandle as it
is regular in eastern New Mexico. A very bright Warbling Vireo was also good. A
few typical migrants (Wilson's, Yellow, Audubon's, Townsend's) were mixed in,
plus my first fall migrant Hermit Thrush.

As I was driving back to HWY 60 I flushed a flock of birds from the grain
fields. The majority were House Sparrows, but I caught a glimpse of a
Black-headed Grosbeak.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at