[texbirds] FW: eBird Report - County Road 190, Dec 29, 2012

  • From: "Richard Bello" <rbello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:00:54 -0600

Texbirders,

Liz and I had a great afternoon of birding on County Road 192 in Grimes County
just southwest of Carlos.  We spent about 1.5 hours driving the road from north
to south.  Highlights included good numbers of sparrows (including an immature
Harris'), a pair of Bald Eagles, two Crested Caracaras, and a large flock of
White Pelicans.  I love this road for its exceptional variety of habitat in the
space of just a few miles, producing lists with a corresponding variety of
families represented.

Rick Bello
Huntsville, Walker County
East Texas