[texbirds] Re: FW: Re: TX City Dike - Birding Vs. Security

  • From: Stenmead@xxxxxxx
  • To: jubailey@xxxxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:44:43 -0500 (EST)

I have been stopped by facility and Fred Hartman security guards when
viewing into the facility or under the bridge while birding.  As it was
explained to me, the new Homeland Security laws does restrict photos and
viewing,
from a certain distance to prevent terrorist from planning an  attack.

However, I don't think that distance is as far away as the dike is to the
oil refineries and chemical plants at Texas City.  Since there have been
several lethal explosions in the Texas City historically, and recently,  there
may be more sensitivity to this possibility.

I hope to find an answer to this question and will report  if/when I do.

Stennie Meadours
San Leon