[texbirds] - Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Jan 3, 2015

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "imhuck3@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 15:30:25 -0500

 Howdy texbirders,
 Hoping your new year bird lists are off to a great start, and if not come on
out to Estero Llano Grande SP/WBC in the morning (Sunday) and get it going.
Below is the list on our walk this morning with a great group of birders out to
have a good time looking at our fine feathered friends. Take a look below and
see what is possible to see again tomorrow and who knows maybe even a bird may
show up that is completely unexpected and we are expecting to see YOU.
Remember,

 Bird for your health,
 Forget your worries,
 You'll be happier.

 Huck Hutchens, Park Host,

Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Hidalgo, US-TX
Jan 3, 2015 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Saturday morning bird walk
72 species (+1 other taxa)

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  65
Greater White-fronted Goose  20
Snow Goose  20
Gadwall  6
Blue-winged Teal  6
Cinnamon Teal  5
Northern Shoveler  35
Green-winged Teal  20
Canvasback  1
Ring-necked Duck  14
Ruddy Duck  6
Plain Chachalaca  9
Least Grebe  2
Pied-billed Grebe  5
Neotropic Cormorant  5
Double-crested Cormorant  5
American White Pelican  9
Great Blue Heron  1
Great Egret  1
Snowy Egret  3
Black-crowned Night-Heron  2
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron  5
Turkey Vulture  15
White-tailed Kite  2
Northern Harrier  1
Buteo sp.  1
Sora  2
Common Gallinule  8
American Coot  60
Black-necked Stilt  5
Spotted Sandpiper  2
Least Sandpiper  12
Wilson's Snipe  2
Caspian Tern  1
Inca Dove  8
Common Ground-Dove  2
White-tipped Dove  9
Mourning Dove  15
Eastern Screech-Owl  1
Common Pauraque  3
Buff-bellied Hummingbird  4
Green Kingfisher  3
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  20
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  3
Crested Caracara  2
American Kestrel  2
Peregrine Falcon  1
Eastern Phoebe  1
Great Kiskadee  7
Tropical Kingbird  2
Couch's Kingbird  1
Green Jay  5
Cave Swallow  3
Black-crested Titmouse  2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  2
Curve-billed Thrasher  1
Long-billed Thrasher  2
Northern Mockingbird  20
European Starling  20
Orange-crowned Warbler  6
Common Yellowthroat  2
Olive Sparrow  1
Lark Sparrow  1
Grasshopper Sparrow  1
Lincoln's Sparrow  6
Northern Cardinal  3
Red-winged Blackbird  200
Great-tailed Grackle  45
Bronzed Cowbird  2
Hooded Oriole  1     Young male, black throat bib, yellow overall with dark
wings and white wing bars.
Altamira Oriole  2
House Sparrow  50

View this checklist online at