[texbirds] El Paso TOS meeting bird photos from Jan 15 - 19, 2015

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "drbirdie@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:19:37 -0500

Hi Texbirders,
I finally finished uploading bird photos from my trip to El Paso for the TOS
meeting two weekends ago to my Flickr page and put them in an album titled "El
Paso TOS Meeting."

Take a look here
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/thedrbirdie/sets/72157650131245897/>
for a vicarious thrill or to relive some of the great birding moments you
experienced if you were out there, too.

I had a great time, and enjoyed the birds, the scenery and the hospitality.
There were a few glitches, one of which was that Century Club trips were not
publicized with the rest of the field trips, so some participants assumed that
those trips had been canceled (they weren't) and that became the "word on the
street." We worked around that, though, and everyone I spoke with had a great
time.

Although we didn't have the montane species irruption that some hoped for,
there were still lots of great birds including waterfowl, raptors, errant
Band-tailed Pigeons, Lewis's and Acorn Woodpeckers, a Palm Warbler in Dell City
(no photos unfortunately), parrots and of course lots of sparrows. Most of
these and more are featured in my photos.

Many thanks to John Groves who birded El Paso County with me one day, and to
Jim Paton, who birded Hudspeth County with me another day, and to all the local
birders and volunteers and to the Trans-Pecos Audubon Society for all their
hospitality and birding expertise.

El Paso was a great place to visit and a great place to have a TOS meeting.

Good birding ya'll,
Byron Stone, Austin, Tx