[texbirds] Early Thursday Morning Godwit Update

  • From: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:25:53 -0700 (PDT)

TexBirders,

Stopped by the pond at 7 this morning and only stayed for an hour.  The
Black-tailed Godwit left with a Hudsonian at about 0620 I was told.  A
Hudsonian
returned but not the Black-tailed while I was there.  Likely still in the area
as the godwit mix has been different every day.  We have had thundershowers in
the area today and more are forecast.  Hopefully, the godwit pond will get a
little recharge today.  Other birds seen early this morning included two
Pectoral Sandpipers, one Semipalmated Sandpiper and four Stilt Sandpipers among
the many White-rumps.

Ron Weeks
Lake Jackson