[texbirds] Don't Hit the coast.....

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:37:23 -0500

.......at least in the Port O'Connor area unless your  wanting
shorebirds....My high expectations for a swarm of birds this morning fell
as flat a lead plate.  Nothing in my "gauges" with the exception of the
ubiquitous Orchard Orioles and very few of those. A handful of other
migrants and that was it...Even the swallow numbers have plummeted.  But I
have heard that the rice field near Seadrift and on 1289 are full of
shorebirds.  The wind is from the east trying to move south at about 17
mph.....And if that was not enough to make my day, landowners of one of our
very best birding lots are pushing down and piling up trees.  Hope others
fare better...I will bird vicariously through your reports today..:-)
  BTW...The possible Hammond's Flycatcher I reported yesterday is NOT a
Hammond's...But I have rec'ed only two replies on the other flycatcher.

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell