[texbirds] Dog Canyon, GMNP, Culberson County

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:44:57 -0700

Howdy Texbirders,
This morning, starting very early, I had Long-eared Owl (1) and Poorwill
(3).  Later, I found two Stellar's Jays (without the long hike up) and a
male Williamson's Sapsucker. Only got photos of the Jays. All species were
found within a quarter mile of the campground. Later, at Frijole Ranch, I
whiffed on the Titmouse, but had some other nice birds.
Dennis
Van Horn
Culberson County
--