[texbirds] Delta Lake, 1/2/13

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 19:41:36 -0500 (EST)

Yesterday I told Mary G. that I was not that worried about keeping a
competitive Hidalgo County list this year.  But old habits are hard to break
and a lull in the rain found me up at Delta Lake (north of Weslaco) where I
found some good county birds.  Walking along the north shore out of the wind I
found a Sanderling, five Black-bellied Plovers, two Bonaparte's Gulls and a
Franklin's Gull.  The Reddish Egrets were not around so I tried walking the
west shore of the east side.  The park people have cut a swath thought the
cattails from east of the basketball court to the shoreline.  There were tons
of ducks but the wind was too cold so I retreated.  I'll try again after it
warms up.

Delta Lake (LTC 008), Hidalgo, US-TX
Jan 2, 2013 12:30 PM - 2:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling