[texbirds] Crescent-chested Warbler not relocated (yet?)

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 19:05:51 -0500

Don't shoot the messenger; yesterday Matt and I got word that a
CRESCENT-CHESTED WARBLER was reported near the top of Pinnacles,
before Emory junction... on Tuesday evening. This morning we made it
up to the drainage with the maples a bit before 9:30 and located a
mixed flock of warblers but prior to our departure at 2 pm, were never
able to find THE warbler.

(The maples are red, they're the only ones on Pinnacles before Emory,
9 switchbacks before the top, for anyone counting backwards - maybe
1/4 mile from the end of the switchbacks.)

One other birder arrived shortly after we got there and had more time,
so he might possibly find it this evening (fingers crossed!) but there
seems to be a lot of movement going on right now, so it may have moved
on - or just not have a scheduled that matched ours.

Nashville, Orange-crowned, Townsend's (gobs of them), Audubon's
Yellow-rumps and MANY Ruby-crowned Kinglets will keep you on your
toes. It was not at all a slow day of birding. List -

Because these trails are in Big Bend National Park, playback is prohibited.

Lucks,
-h

Heidi Trudell & Matt York
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain