[texbirds] Couch's Kingbird in Abilene, Taylor County

  • From: Jay Packer <jay@xxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 07:50:48 -0500

While out for an early morning walk with my wife around Abilene Christian
University, I heard and then located a Couch's Kingbird. While this
certainly fits the pattern of what we know of this species and therefore
doesn't qualify as "rare," it is the first county record for me and
possibly for for the county itself.
Just a reminder to listen to those kingbirds at this time of year.

--
Jay Packer