[texbirds] Corpus Christi Area - Wednesday, May 14th

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 21:59:14 -0500

Keith  Bartels and I birded the Blucher Park, Rosehill Cemetery, Packery
Channel, Mustang Island & Port Aransas today.  We were joined by Mel Cooksey
at Blucher Park.  It certainly was not any type of fallout day but we still
managed 19 species of warblers.

Franklin's Gulls 14
Hudsonian Godwit 3 (rain pool on Hwy. 361 - Ingleside)
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 5
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 11
Eastern Wood-Pewee 14
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 12 (including one bird eating a June Bug!)
Willow/Alder Flycatcher 3
Great-crested Flycatcher 13
Eastern Kingbird 21
Blue-headed Vireo 2
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Swainson's Thrush 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1 female (Rosehill Cemetery - seems late)
Gray Catbird 16
GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER 1 female (Blucher Park)
Tennessee Warbler 14
Nashville Warbler 1
Northern Parula 3
Yellow Warbler 30