[texbirds] Communal roosting, Crested Caracaras?

  • From: <s.gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:11:28 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Has anyone observed this in Texas?

Last Saturday evening at dusk between San Ygnacio and Zapata we saw a lot
(maybe 50) Crested Caracaras all headed in the same general direction
(southwest) at the same time. They were'nt in one large flock, but in twos and
threes, spread out along a half mile stretch of highway. It reminded me very
much of herons flying to roost.

Scott Gleason
Tomball