[texbirds] Cibolo Nature Center

  • From: <jkessler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:27:37 -0600

It appears that it is time for me to purchase a new computer.  Many of the
e-mails I write are sent by my computer before I am ready to send them.  This
was the case with my incomplete e-mail concerning this morning's trip to the
Cibolo Nature Center in Boerne.  Our trip was cut short because they were
having a controlled burning of the meadow areas and everyone using these areas
was asked to leave the area.  The two Red-shouldered Hawks we observed are in
the process of building a nest and were gathering twigs as we watched.   I will
not disclose the location of the nest site, but it is easily observed from one
of the trails.
James Kessler
Kerrville, Texas
TOS and ABA life member since 1976