[texbirds] Campion Trail - Mountain Creek Preserve

  • From: Christian Walker <christian.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:55:22 -0500

Hello,

I spent some time birding the Mountain Creek Preserve portion of the Campion
Trail on Saturday morning from around 8-9:30 and this past Wednesday in the
afternoon.  Although I did not see anything particularly unusual, it was a
great relief to see good numbers of common birds - on both visits it was very
birdy.  None of my other usual birding spots have been nearly as productive and
the locals definitely seem to be suffering.
In any case, on Wednesday I had a single Clay-colored Sparrow, good numbers of
migrating Turkey Vultures, a warbler flock with Nashville Warblers, a
Black-throated Green Warbler, a Pine Warbler, and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and
plenty of local woodpeckers, flycatchers, and hawks.
Saturday morning saw plenty more of the same, as well as three Lincoln's
Sparrows downing Johnsongrass seeds, more Clay-colored Sparrows, a Northern
Flicker, and some Orange-crowned Warblers.

Good birding,

Christian Walker
University of Dallas
Irving, TX