[texbirds] Caldwell County - Upland Sandpipers I'm pretty sure

  • From: "Rita Clements" <rclements001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds \(list server\)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 15:41:47 -0500

Can you confirm if this is an Upland Sandpiper?  I've checked my Sibley
guide book as much as I can..or as much as my anxious little self can do so.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaclements/13723961045/

It's legs didn't look very yellow and they would walk but then at one time
one ran pretty fast.  There were about 4 together in one pasture and then in
a pasture a little further towards Lytton Springs there were about 4 more.

I was on Lytton Ln,  in between Hwy 21 and the little town of Lytton
Springs.  It starts off as Caldwell Rd (off of Hwy 21) in Bastrop County and
turns to Lytton Ln in Caldwell County).

This would be a lifer for me.

Rita Clements

Dale, Tx   (Bastrop County)