[texbirds] CIMA as ebird Hotspot?

  • From: "Berner Family" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jcazberner@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:36:45 +0000 (UTC)

 Texbirders (& Jane T)
I do add some locations as hotspots with "Restricted Access" in the name even
if the location not generally open to the public if there is the expectation
of regular visits by birders besides the owner.
All that needs to happen is
1) for someone to submit an ebird list from the location and request that the
location be made as a hotspot.
2) need to determine if the private landowner is ok with it being made an
ebird hotspot.
 I assume most cemeteries, birding b&B's etc. are ok with being an ebird
hotspot, however, I'm  not sure whether the boy scouts would be ok with
this--would be good to check.
I don't add hotspots on private property unless the landowner is ok (don't want
to encourage trespassing, e.g. some golf courses do not want non-golfing
birders)
If it is okay with Boy Scouts--I would call the hotspot "El Rancho CIMA
(restricted access)"
John BernerTexas ebird hotspot admin
P.S. my non-birding teenaged son will be at CIMA later this summer
******************Should be an EBird hotspot
Susan Schaezler
Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz
Texas Land Steward Winner

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 11, 2015, at 2:52 PM, Jane F Tillman <jtillman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, could anyone tell me a best guess estimate of Black-capped Vireos
(BCVI) in the U.S.?
Am visiting El Rancho Cima boy scout ranch tomorrow and they are interested
in learning more about BCVI and Golden-cheeked Warblers.
I have been looking at US Fish and Wildlife Service online materials,
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-09-09/pdf/2013-21809.pdf and it does
not commit to any numbers on the Black-capped.

It appears there was a review conducted to move BCVI from endangered to
threatened, but I guess that did not happen?

After digging for a while, I just decided it was easier to ask you all.
If you have any info on numbers of Golden-cheeks, which I think also occur
at the scout ranch, that would be helpful too.

Thanks so much.
Jane Tillman
Austin