[texbirds] Brushy Creek Lake Park, Cedar Park, Williamson Co. - Firsts of season

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 13:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

This morning I made a brief stop at Brushy Creek Lake Park in Cedar Park,
Williamson Co.  Highlights were a first of season Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, a
first of season Black-chinned Hummingbird (I also just had one show up at the
feeders at my NW Austin residence this morning), and an apparent Couch's
Kingbird (did not vocalize) that briefly perched right over me before flying
off to wherever it is that Couch's Kingbirds fly off too.
Rich

Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701