[texbirds] Brown Booby near Port O'Connor

  • From: Petra Hockey <phockey@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:50:42 -0500

TexBirders,

This morning around 9 a.m. Ladd and I found a Brown Booby on channel marker 34
near Mitchell's Cut in the back bays between the north end of Matagorda Island
and Port O'Connor. The bird was not shy and we were able to take many good
photos and video from our boat while drifting past it. I posted photos and
video to facebook TEXBIRDS. We observed the booby cruising over the flats and
successfully diving down for fish. On our return at 2:30 p.m. it had moved
slightly over to marker 32.

This location can only be reached by boat or kayak, a 2.75 mile ride from the
Fishing Center at 1303 Water Str.

Petra Hockey
Port O'Connor, Calhoun Co.Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at