[texbirds] Brown Boobies at Baytown Nature Center NO

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "DHanson139@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:19:44 -0500

I spent a few minutes this afternoon after teaching my 5th grade class
looking for any of the Brown Boobies at the Baytown Nature Center. I did not
find any of the previous 5 that had been there. I scoped the towers and the
all  of the bay and there were no sign of them.

The 2 Reddish Egrets(1red,1 white) were both still there and put on a  show
for part of my class. The new tidal flat just created on the right side of
the road had 25-30 Semipalmated Plovers , Least Sandpipers, and some
Dunlins. A  little furthur down was one lone Am. Avocet and 4 Greater
Yellowlegs.
Lots of  Pied-billed Grebes in the bay.

David  Hanson
FeatherFest 2015 Birding Program  Leader
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County
Galveston Bay  Area Master Naturalist
TOS Member