[texbirds] Re: Broad-winged Hawk in Bandera Co

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:21:45 -0700 (PDT)

I had a Broad-winged Hawk on the preserve on 5/18, and there is a history of
the species being seen on the preserve at about this time in past years.  While
we have never found a nest, I suspect there is a pair that breeds in the canyon
somewhere among all of the Red-shouldered Hawks and the Zone-tailed Hawk.
Rich

Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701