[texbirds] Broad-tailed Hummingbird at Laguna Gloria (Travis Co.)

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 16:55:04 -0600

Today on my monthly TAS bird walk at Laguna Gloria, we found a very nice
subadult male Broad-tailed Hummingbird. The bird was working the loquat
flowers very close to the entrance gate, near the handicapped parking spot
and the sunken rose garden. I'm going to contact the Laguna director to see
if she'll allow me to put up a Hummingbird feeder, but the bird seems
content as of now, showing well. This is the 203rd species for the grounds,
and a county bird for me!
Pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/8351550292/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/8351552978/in/photostream/