[texbirds] Brackenridge Park Egyptian Geese

  • From: Vicki Crutchfield <vicki_crutchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 07:50:40 -0800 (PST)

 My grandson is interested in the differences between domestic waterfowl and
wild ducks and Brackenridge is a great place to observe the differences.
So last Sunday we got up early and ate our breakfast in the park.

We were standing on the bridge watching a group of ducks when a large flock of
Black-bellied Whistlers flew in.

So after they settled down a bit  we walked across the bridge to the upper
sidewalk to check them out. Didn't notice the geese until they stood up, the
coloring was close enough they blended in but were noticeably taller upon
standing. he was very excited when he spotted the two that were different.

Has anyone else seen them? I noticed I have not seen them reported in e-Bird,
at least not yet.

Vicki Crutchfield
Live Houston (Harris County)
and work in Galveston, (Galveston County)

Cell : 409-789-1178