[texbirds] Black-throated Gray Warbler, San Antonio

  • From: Lee Pasquali <l.pasquali.birds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, adewittpatton@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:12:11 -0500

Yesterday Betty and I were at Denman Park by 9 AM hoping the clouds would
clear to see and photograph the Black-throated Gray Warbler that has been
seen there. Rather than clearing the clouds became heaver and ther was not
enough light to get a good photo when we found the warbler in the Live Oak
trees in front of the house near the street with a mixed flock. By the time
the clouds began to clear at about 10:30 the warbler was not to be seen.
We looked for the warbler after 11:00 AM on a previous day and it was not
seen on that day so be there early if you are looking for it.

Lee Pasquali
North San Antonio