[texbirds] Black-tailed Godwit pic

  • From: Bruce Sherman <brucesherman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds posts <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:02:48 -0500

A friend and I spent about two hours this morning photographing the
Black-tailed Godwit at Brazoria NWR. The bird never got closer than about 2/3
of the way across the pond. Even with a 600 mm lens and a 2X teleconverter, at
this great distance the bird was VERY SMALL in the frame. As a result I had no
choice but to severely crop my photos to get the bird anywhere close to decent
size in the finished pic. Please keep this in mind when viewing my best photo
of the day: http://www.pbase.com/brucesherman/image/143831481 It's the best I
could do. Bruce ShermanRockport, TX