[texbirds] Black-tailed Godwit Makes 6 O'Clock News

  • From: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:50:46 -0700 (PDT)

TexBirders,

KHOU Channel 11 in Houston was down today to do a piece on the godwit.  They
did
not see the bird but ran a Michael Gray pic with the story.  The link is here:
http://www.khou.com/news/Look-up-in-the-sky--Rare-bird-becomes-Texas-tourist-attraction-158265805.html

As previously posted, the bird showed up around 4PM after apparently not being
seen all day.  I still suspect the bird is roosting at or near this pond.  If I
was really intent on seeing this bird I would make an attempt at 6AM in case
the
bird holds to its recent routine of leaving at or before sunrise.  Once it
returned today it was feeding actively pulling up all kinds of goodies.
Interestingly, the Hudsonian Godwit present this morning ws not there later
this
afternoon.

Good Birding,

Ron Weeks