[texbirds] Bird-watcher vs Birder vs Lister vs Twitcher

  • From: Sheridan Coffey <sngcanary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds - Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:45:41 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,
this discussion has been interesting. I felt my hackles rising earlier when
someone said "twitchers" have taken listing to a rediculous (sic) level.
Twitching is a British term. My spouse is British. We both have no problems
with the term or the activity. I actually blogged about this recently. I invite
anyone who is interested to read my take on "chasing".
http://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/2013/01/because-its-fun.html

That being said, there is no right way or wrong way to enjoy birds. Acting in a
superior manner is what is ridiculous. We all need to work together to protect
birds. We all need to respect each other's enjoyment and passion.

Sheridan Coffey
San Antonio, Tx
http://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/sngcanary