[texbirds] Birds in Russ Pitman Park

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:11:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know we had some good birds at the Nature Discovery
Center today and yesterday evening, even before the front came through.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a good birding day everywhere on the upper Texas
coast and in town!

Black –bellied Whistling Duck (overhead yesterday evening)
Cooper's Hawk
Mourning Dove
White-winged Doves
Eastern Screech Owls
Chimney Swifts  -4-5
Rufous Hummingbird – 1 ad m still!
Red-bellied Woodpeckers
Downey Woodpeckers
Great Crested Flycatcher (last night’s walk but not today)
Eastern Wood Pewee (last night’s walk but not today)
Purple Martins - overhead
White-eyed Vireo -1
Blue Jays
Carolina Wrens - 2
American Robin -1
Northern Mockingbird
Cedar Waxwings  (last night’s walk but not today)
E Starlings -2
Northern Parula – f (last night’s walk but not today)
Kentucky Warbler – 1m
Hooded Warbler – 3 f
Ovenbird - 1
Common Yellowthroat – 1m (last night’s walk and today)
Northern Cardinals
Indigo Buntings – 2 bright males!
Red-winged Blackbirds – ab 6f
Common Grackles
American Goldfinch – ab 5m&2f
House Finch
House Sparrow

Join our free Lunch with the Birds Walks starting at noon on Wednesdays through
May 9th and our Early Evening Birdwalks Tuesdays at 6pm through May 1st.

Russ Pitman Park is located at 7112 Newcastle between Bellaire Blvd and
Evergreen St just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Happy birding!

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist & Park Steward
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org