[texbirds] Birds & birdwalks at the Nature Discovery Center in Russ Pitman Park, Bellire

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 13:46:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

Our first free monthly winter bird walk of the season will be this Wed, Dec 3,
2014 from Noon until about 1:15 pm.

I saw my first Rufous Hummer in the feeder outside my office window today.  A
nice Dec 1st bird! There are also lots of Robins, some Monk Parakeets and far
too many "singing" Starlings in the park as well as the birds I saw below
yesterday & the usual residents.

Yesterday I saw a mob of birds harassing an Eastern Screech Owl:
E. Screech Owl - 1
Blue Jays - 5-6
Car. Chickadees -2
Car Wren -1
N Mockingbird -1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 6+
Orange-crowned Warbler -1
Yellow-rumped Warblers - 10-12

Join our free Winter Bird Walks, Wednesdays Dec 3, 2014, Jan 7 & Feb 4, 2015
starting at noon.

Valentine's Day Special!
Bring a date or a friend and join our Great Backyard Bird Count!
Sat, Feb 14, 9 - 10:30 am
Just drop in and join us.

The Nature Discovery Center is located in Russ Pitman Park, 7112 Newcastle,
between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen St, just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org