[texbirds] Birds at Laguna Atascosa NWR

  • From: Laguna Atascosa <laguna.atascosa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:31:10 -0500

Hello Everyone,
Migration seems to have come to an end here with the arrival of the
*groove-billed
ani*s.  I saw 2 anis on Tuesday, May 28 off of County Road.  But we do
still have our beautiful year-round residents like altamira orioles, green
jays, black-crested titmice, plain chachalacas, northern cardinals, olive
sparrows, golden fronted woodpeckers, and many more.

Don't forget that we're now offering *kayak tours* every weekend (Saturdays
and Sundays) and every other Friday (starting June 14th) throughout the
summer.  Visit the refuge and enjoy an interpretive tour of the Laguna
Madre.  We'd love to see you!

Marysa Milinichik
Intern, Laguna Atascosa NWR
--