[texbirds] Birding at Sabine Woods tomorrow.

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <FCollins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <KlebWoods@xxxxxxxx>, "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 19:06:26 +0000

Tomorrow September 25, we have a senior birding bus trip to Sabine Woods and
Sea Rim State Park. This trip is free transportation for seniors (50 or more
years old). Normally our trips are near or at capacity but we have potentially
10 empty seats for this trip. If you would like to go, call this afternoon
prior to 5:00 PM or just show up tomorrow at 6:30 AM. The bus will leave the
Kleb Woods parking lot (20303 Draper Rd. Tomball, TX 77377) at 7 AM. Please
arrive before then with enough time to use the restroom and get settled on the
bus.
Sabine Woods is owned by the Texas Ornithological Society. If you are a member
of the TOS, you do not need to pay a fee. If you are not a member of the TOS,
please bring $7 (exact change) with you to pay the entrance fee. This fee
covers one week, so if you decide to go back to Sabine Woods this weekend or
next week on your own, you would not need to pay the fee again. We will be
having a picnic lunch, so make sure you bring food and drinks with you. We will
also make rest stops to and from and you will probably want money for breakfast
and an afternoon snack on the way home.

In addition to entrance fees (for non-TOS members) and a lunch, don't forget to
bring bug spray, comfortable clothing, bug spray, hats, sunscreen, bug spray,
binoculars, scopes, cameras, bug spray, and your favorite field guide.

Oh, and you might want to bring bug spray as the mosquitoes can be ferocious
this time of year in coastal oak mottes.

Fred Collins, Director
Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Road,Tomball TX 77377
281-357-5324